Report Scheduling and Email Subscription for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 - Online and On-Premise
User adoption has been the biggest challenge for CRM implementations and one of the best ways to increase this is by proactively engaging the users with scheduled reports. Instead of relying on the users to log in and find the necessary information, it would be a good idea to directly push the data in emails from CRM on regular basis.
We have heard for the quite long time that there is no report scheduling facility available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Online and that is quite true. Further, neither the database nor the reporting server can be accessed directly in the online environment. A possible workaround solution around this limitation could be scheduling of CRM Views using the newly added functionality of Custom Workflows in the online environment.
Let me demonstrate to you as for how easy it is to schedule any CRM data using Report Scheduler add-on for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Online and On-Premise:
Sample Scenario: A Sales Manager would like to receive a report @4.00pm every day of new leads added in CRM by his team
Step 1: Create a Personal View of Leads with filter condition as: “Created On”: “Today”:
Step 2: Schedule the view for email delivery using the Report Scheduler add-on as shown below:
As shown below CRM data has been received in email both inline as well as in an attachment:
Using Report Scheduler add-on, any CRM user can schedule out-of-box System Views as well as user-created Personal Views and have them delivered regularly in their mailboxes on any scheduled day and time. Some of the features are as below:
- Interface to set-up recurring and automated email of your CRM data on a periodic basis.
- Event Reminder (Birthday \ Anniversary \ Contract expiry \ Opportunity close date approaching, etc)
- Scheduled data back-up in the form of csv or txt files
- Users can easily receive CRM data in few clicks without any IT support
- No dependency on separate Report Server
- Mobile Friendly (option to have the data sent in the body of the email)
- Direct navigation to CRM views from email via a click link
- Handles scheduling across multiple time-zones
- Takes care of all visibility rules set in Microsoft CRM
- Can send the data even to non-CRM user email addresses (with admin approval)
- Dynamics CRM Online
- Dynamics CRM On-Premise (requires update Roll-Up 12)
To view #Sample Reports, Click here
To try out Report Scheduler add-on for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Online and On-Premise, please click on the “Demo/Free Trial” tab of product store page.
CRM Dynamics is the great platform to build CRM solutions for small business to an enterprise organization. However, to enhance the platform, add-ons from different partners provide a great way to improve the user experience and improve productivity. Check out the various add-ons that you can purchase from our online store: